Your pool is the entertainment of the entire summer for you, your family, and your friends. It is such a great place to just relax and enjoy some quality time with the sun.
15 Really cool facts about swimming and swimming pools.
- Porcupines float on water
- Benjamin Franklin was an expert swimmer and invented swimming fins out of wood when he was a teenager.
- The longest swimming pool in the world id the Orthlieb swimming pool in Casablanca, Morocco. It is 480 meters (1574 feet) long and 75 meters (246 feet) wide. It is filled with seawater and covers 8.9 acres.
- Niagara Falls can fill all U.S. swimming pools in 3 days.
- There is enough water in America swimming pools to cover the whole city of San Francisco seven feet deep.
- Egyptians made a picture/symbol for swimming as far back as 2500 A.D.
- Kangaroos swim by moving theirs legs independently of each other; something that they cannot do on land.
- Using their trunks as snorkels, elephants can swim as many as 20 miles a day.
- Swimming is a very safe form of exercise because it is considered to be low impact and easy on the bones and joints.
- An hour of vigorous swimming will burn up to 650 calories – more calories than walking or biking!
- An armadillo can walk under water.
- Swimming became a part of the Olympic games in 1896.
- The first ocean liner to have a swimming pool and a gym was the Titanic.
- A rat can tread water up to three days.
- There are 328,000,000 cubic miles of seawater on earth,,.. covering approximately 71% of the earths surface.
Gunite Pools: Tulsa’s Most Trusted Pool Builder!
It is winter months right now and it is time to start thinking about wanting a new pool for this upcoming summer. Right now is the perfect time to give us a call and talk to us about any ideas that you might be having. At Gunite Pools of Tulsa, we will do everything we can to give you the pool of your dreams. Call us today to ask any pool building questions that you have.